Below you can find a list of functions, which can be fulfilled by an 'intelligent' installation. The list is, obviously, not complete. I should, however, fire up the imagination of those who search for inspiration and analyse what and how could be done.
- can be controlled in groups creating scenes,
- can be turned on and off automatically at a given time (for example outdoor lights),
- can be triggered by events (for example lights in the staircase after movement is detected),
- the time of being on can be limited (by simple delay or after a given time when any movement stops),
- can light up randomly within a given time-frame to simulate the presence of the owners (very useful - my neighbours are often disoriented if we are home or not)
- their intensity can be adjusted to the amount of sunlight.
- can be controlled by a wall-mounted switch (for example for floor-standing lamps),
- can be turned on or off according to preprogramed schedules (appliances in the kitchen or electric heaters),
- can be controlled by events (like 'alarm' or home goes to sleep, etc.).
- can be moved up or down in groups after pressing single buttons,
- can be moved to a given position (for example to the half of the window-height to make some shadow),
- can be controlled by a schedule or react to time of the day (for example closing at dusk, opening at dawn not later than at 06:30),
- can be controlled by events (like "alarm" or "strong wind" or "do not close if the door is opened" etc.).
- temperature of individual rooms can be controlled,
- can react on specified events (opened window, fireplace),
- can be controlled by a schedule,
- communicates with the central system, which can set all the parameters from one place,
- it is possible to control the hot-water circulation pomp (for example switch it off when nobody is home, activate after a movement, etc.).
Watering the garden
- time-schedules can be set,
- amount of water can be adjusted to the temperature, amount of rain, humidity,
- can be made dependant on the weather forecast,
- can be controlled by other events (no water in rain-water cistern, presence in the garden, etc.).
- time-schedules can be set,
- reacts on the temperature and humidity in the rooms and outside.
- replacement or communication with the alarm system,
- execution of given actions after specified 'alarm' events occur (for example turning the alarm on lowers the temperature, turns some lights off, closes the windows...)
- integration with home audio and video systems,
- execution of given actions after turning audio/video on (for example, setting light scenes, moving blinds)
- control of audio/video by other events (turning on by wall-mounted switch, loudness control, etc.).
- configuration and control over all systems from one place, one program or panel,
- control through a touch-panel or dedicated wall-mounted switches,
- control through a home computer,
- remote control via cell phone, email, sms, http.
- registration of temperatures in the rooms,
- collecting environmental data (temperature, pressure, humidity, wind strengh and direction, rain, snow),
- collecting data about mass materials (level of water in rain-water tank, sewage tank, oil tanks), information about minimum/maximum levels,
- collecting information about water, electricity, gas consumption,
- sending data to external databases, remote access to data, analysis.
- controlling gates, garage doors,
- closing/opening windows,
- access control, locks, doors,
- functions of videophone, recording sound or video, redirecting communication to mobile phone in case of absence,
- communication with cameras, registration of images after given events, sending the images.
Created: Saturday, 21 September 2013 14:40